Our social:

Saturday, January 9, 2010

My chicken Adobo

Yesterday my wife was craving for a Filipino dish called Chicken Adobo. She is on her first trimesters and was craving badly for that particular dish only. I have the ingredients that I need to prepare the dish. But there is only one problem. I don’t know how to cook Adobo.

My wife was sleeping at the time and I wanted surprise her by cooking the dish all by myself. So I turn to the Internet for information. I saw a lot of articles about cooking adobo. You could cook it using chicken or pork. It was really late then and I had to learn to cook it really fast. And then I remember seeing a video in YouTube.com that showed how to cooked adobo. I searched for all the videos related to Adobo. I found Travis Craft’s video called American Adobo. I am a bit embarrassed learning how to cook a Filipino dish from a foreigner. But I had no choice. It was the video which was most viewed and the other ways of cooking adobo required marinating the chicken for 30 minutes or more. I didn’t have the luxury of time.

I was able to finish the dish within 30 minutes. I took me a while to get the right mixture of ingredients so that it would taste like chicken adobo. I need more practice that’s for sure. My wife said that it was delicious. I don’t know if she was just being polite or she really liked it. Then again, pregnant women are very choosy when it comes to food. I guess she really did like it. Thank God for the internet!

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment