Our social:

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not a morning person

I have been working for a company that operates on a shifting schedule for the last 8 years. I am more accustomed to work for shift that starts from one to four in the afternoon. Today is the beginning of my two-week early morning shift that starts from seven. I have never been a morning person even when I was still in college. It is hard for me to wake in the morning because I sleep late. The earliest time that I sleep is at eleven in the evening. I don’t drink coffee either. My head is starting to spin from the lack of sleep and I am might doze off any minute now.

I have been told and I have read in some articles that sleeping at night is much healthier than sleeping in the morning. I do agree with the articles. Sleeping 8 hours in the morning is not as refreshing as sleeping at night.

The only consolation is that morning shift are a lot busier and time seem to pass really fast. Another upside is that I get to go home earlier. Only 28 minutes have passed and I am so sleepy. I plan to sleep early tonight to avoid this happening again. Chances are that I will still be sleeping late and I would feel more or less the same tomorrow. I still time to adjust with this shift.
As I have anticipated, I dozed off for a minute or two writing this article. Hahaha

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment