Our social:

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meet the parents


This was back when my wife was still my girlfriend. We were just a few weeks in our relations and I haven’t met my girlfriend’s parents. I went to Boracay, which is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Philippines, for our yearly team celebration program. Before I left Manila, my girlfriend was experiencing back pains. It was still bearable at that time.

First thing that I did when I got to Boracay is to get a Henna tattoo. It would only last for two weeks so I didn’t mind having one. My girlfriend texted me that the pain was getting worse and she feared that it might be appendicitis. She was staying with her cousins during that time while her family was in Pampanga.

In the morning, she was admitted to the hospital. I was so worried and couldn’t fully enjoy my trip. The next day I went back to Manila. After arriving, I just dropped off my bag in my apartment and went directly to hospital after.  I didn’t have the chance to freshen up. I had long hair back then. As I was in a cab, I noticed that I have a henna tattoo. I didn’t know anything about my girlfriend’s parent and I was not sure where they stand with tattoo.
I started to fear that they may not approve of me because I had long hair and a henna tattoo. I know not much of a deal but since her parents are from the province, I thought that they might be conservative. I wanted to make a good first impression after all.

Good thing I had a jacket so I wore it all through my visit. It was hot in her room and I was starting to sweat but I had to put it on. I removed it eventually good thing that her mother didn’t mind and was very accomodating. Hehe.


Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment