Our social:

Friday, January 15, 2010

My baby's second peek


This is a continuation of the post that I published on Dec 18 last year. After 3 weeks of medication, my wife had her second ultrasound. We decided to change our OB since a maternity clinic near our residence has just opened up. This is beneficial because the clinic is just walking distance from our place and is more affordable than our first OB.


We made the right decision on changing OB. Our new doctor is more accommodating, explains better and she is a lot more thorough than the first. My wife went through several blood test, pap smear and urinalysis. Since her clinic is still new and she still doesn't have an ultrasound machine, we had to go to a nearby hospital that she referred.

My wife had her second ultrasound on Jan 12 in MCU hospital in Caloocan City. It is amazing how much the baby has grown in a span of a few weeks. When she had her first ultrasound on Dec 17, 2009, the baby's Crown rump length (CRL) was just 1.2 cm. The baby's heartbeat is rose from 145 beats per minute to 156 beats per minute. During our first ultrasound, the hands and feet and the baby's head is stil l not visible. But now, those body parts are very distinguishable. The baby was very wriggly. It like the baby was trying to find a comfortable position. 

I felt so much joy when I saw my baby moving around so much. It is almost the same joy that I have felt when I first heard my baby's heartbeat. You may have noticed that I don't use him or her when I am referring to the baby. I want my first born to be a boy because if we will have a second child, I want the child to have an older brother. So that he may protect his y But his younger sibling. But I am happy either way. All I hope for is that the baby is healthy. I think it is all parents could ask for. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment