Our social:

Monday, May 3, 2010

I am going to be a daddy to a baby girl!

Sometimes It feels surreal that I would be a dad in just a few months. I sometimes forget that a baby  is growing in my wife's womb. But every time I could feel my child moving and kicking in my wife's womb, It reminds me that a miracle is growing within my wife's body.

Some Couples don't want to know the gender of their child before they are born. They want to keep it as a surprise. Not me. I wanted to know since my wife found out that she was pregnant. It actually doesn't matter if the child is a boy or a girl. What matters is that the child healthy.

After several ultrasound we have confirmed that we will be parents to baby girl. Time really flies. A few years ago, I wouldn't have imagined that I would be a dad this soon. It was unexpected but it was a delightful surprise. We are lucky because there are a lot of couples out there who are so eager to have a child but have not yet been bless with one. In my opinion, marriage is not complete without a child. 

I wanted to be sure before buying things for our child. My wife and I have started to buy the baby's things a month ago. Since we were not sure of the gender back then, we were buying things with neutral color. Most of the things that we have bought then were colored white. But now since we know that we will be having a baby girl, we started buying girl clothes. Mostly are color pink.

We haven't fully decided the name of child. But I like the name Mikhaila which comes from Michael which means light.We are still discussing about a second name. Since Mikhaila is my choice the second name would be decided by my wife. Fair enough right? I can't wait until our little baby girl is born.


3 comments:

  1. wow! congratulations!

    You better be prepared for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats. welcome to the parent world

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a good news..congratulations

    ReplyDelete