Our social:

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mobile phone review: Nokia N97 Mini


I normally purchase and prefer to use Nokia Phones only. But since I got my Sony Ericsson P1i, I have fell in love with the brand and have not tried using a Nokia mobile phone since. Since I had my phone for two years, I have been checking the market for a suitable replacement. One of the phones that caught my eye is the Nokia N97 Mini. I have been used to a Qwerty type of keypad and for those are use to using it as I am, this the phone is highly recommendable. The great thing about this phone is that you could personalize your home screen so that you accommodate widgets that provide feeds from your social network like Facebook. You could also add bookmarks of your favorite webpages.

Since I have been using a phone with touchscreen capabilities, I want a phone with that feature as well. You could modify the themes for a selection of preinstalled themes or a theme that you have downloaded. You could also modify your ringtone to accommodate files like mp3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+ amd wma.  The phone is equipped with a FM radio feature and you could listen to music files with same format mentioned earlier.The phone comes with an internal memory of 8 GB. If that is not enough storage, you could simply purchase a MicroSD memory card that could store up to 16 GB.

The phone uses a High-speed USB which would make transfer of files from the Phone to computer faster. It also has Bluetooth capabilities with enhanced date rare so that you could transfer files from one phone to another at a faster speed. A cool feature of the Nokia N97 mini is the TV out feature which would allow a user to watch a video which is stored on your phone in your TV.

Before I got my DSL subscription, I used my phone as a modem so that I could use my Laptop to connect to the web.  This phone could be use to connect to the web at a faster speed because of the enhanced data network feature.  You could browse the real web page using this phone.

The phone is equipped with a 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. You could zoom up to 4X and has a different camera for video calls. Still photos could be saved as JPEG. The phone supports to MP4 and 3GP formats for video files.



Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. I'm buying N97 this month! :) http://www.widgetsandgadgets.com/

    ReplyDelete