Our social:

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Early morning Facebook prank

I used to be addicted with Facebook. Everyday I used to play mafia wars and vampire wars. I stop because it was taking up too much of my time. Before I usually spend at least two hours in Facebook. Recently I have lost interest and rarely access my Facebook account. I don't even post any shout outs. I normally access my account when I upload pictures and view the comments. I recently pictures of new born daughter.

Two days ago I received a text message from my colleague saying that my Facebook account was hacked and messed up my profile picture. Normally I wouldn't react but the profile picture that I am currently using is a picture of my daughter. I was really upset. It was around seven in the morning when I received the text message. My work shift has already started and I really couldn't leave my work just to access my Facebook account. I text my officemate asking her what did the picture look like and what were the comments. It took time before I received her response. I was about to go to out decompression room to check my account but another officemate has left post. So I decided to wait for her to come back. Three minutes has gone by and was become restless. I decided not to wait for my officemate and check my account. I was about to open the door when I received a text message from my friend. She said that it was only a joke. It is one of those text messages that you have to scroll down to see the whole message. She got me. I am glad that I receive the text message before I got to decompression room.

My other officemate who left her post earlier returned after 10 minutes. She also receive the same message from the person who texted me. She was really angry. It turns out; she immediately went to the decompression room when she received the text message. We were not the only victim of her prank. Several officemates also receive a SMS and was not that happy. One of officemates was sleeping when she receive the message. She had to wake up just to access her Facebook account. When she found out that it was only a prank, she called up the sender and really scolded her.

I never thought that I would be upset with such a prank. I don't think I would react that way if my profile picture was not my daughter's. My other officemate wouldn't be that upset if she receive the text message at later time or she wasn't awoken by the message. Lesson of the story. Check the whole message first before reacting.

1 comment:

  1. The return on the investment for buying Facebook fans from www.socialkik.com has been unbelievable! I purchased 5000 Facebook fans and started seeing tons of visitors coming from facebook to my site and some of them turned out to be regular customers. The fans that Socialkik delivered were 100% real and they're quite active on our page wall. They're real because they don't join the page unless they check and like the page after receiving the suggestion from Socialkik.com.

    ReplyDelete