Our social:

Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 26 Flooding in the Philippines

I was on my way home from SM North EDSA last August 26, 2010. I never thought that a few minutes of rain could cause that much flooding. Some people may easily point the blame on Global warming for the flooding that day. But I think poor waste management is also responsible. Of course climate change is also a factor since the amount of rainfall was not usual but we also have to realize that by simply throwing away a small candy rapper could contribute to the garbage that is clogging our drainage system.  Check out the photos that I took using my mobile phone.


In front of Trinoma Mall









Just beneath the walkway from SM North Edsa Mall and Trinoma



Along Mindanao Avenue before turning right to Project 6

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I live in Cebu now. I haven't experience a flood here since I arrived this January.

    ReplyDelete