Our social:

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Philippine Congress does not need to pass a Facebook law


Malacanang said that the Congress does not need to pass a Facebook law after Marikina Representative Romero Federico Quimbo filed resolution 184 which is suppose to regulate internet use in government offices. Quimbo also states that the productivity and quality of service of Government employees might be affected. He also added that regulation of internet use in government office would trim down the electric bills of government offices. The bill does not only target social network site Facebook but it also involves Twitter.

First of all, I don't have internet access in my own work post. And I am glad that there isn't.  I think I would be tempted to browse the internet if I do have that access. I really don't need to access to Facebook during office hours. Maybe if I am the person updating the Facebook page of my company then I would be excuse in having that access. I just don't see how Facebook would beneficial with my work. The Facebook Chat option is very beneficial but we could always use phones and E-mail to communicate. Twitter on the other is good messaging service that could disseminate information fast. But I think it could be replaced by any messenger service that office are already using. 

Don't get me wrong. I am not going after twitter and facebook. I do have my account. But for government employees to access those social networking sites during office hours is just not right. I think it is not necessary to pass a law just to regulate internet use in government offices. I think respective head of department could simply send a memo or make a new policy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment