Our social:

Monday, January 18, 2010

Jappy's morning blunder


I am not a morning person. Even when I was still in college, when my classes were way too early, I end up being late most of the time.  A few days ago, my two week work schedule was released and I didn’t get the schedule that I was hoping for. Instead I got a shift schedule that starts at seven in the morning and it would end at four in the afternoon. One of the perks of this early schedule is that I get to go home early.  The downside is that I have to wake up early.

The day started like any other. I woke up late because it took me five snoozes to get up. I took a bath really fast and I didn’t have time to eat breakfast. It took me a while to choose what to wear and I took me a while longer to fix my hair. And then I left the house

When I got to the Jeepney terminal, the line was so long and was I was starting to think that I wouldn’t make it to work on time.  Jeepney by the way is the most affordable means of transportation in the Philippines that could sit at least twenty people depending on its size. I had to take three rides to get to the office. It would only take me 30 minutes to get to work but since there is no direct route, I had to transfer from one Jeepney to another.

It was around 06:54 AM when I was able to catch the last Jeepney ride that I had to take to go to work. The driver took a detour to the gas station which took at least four minutes. When I reach the office, I was running like hell to make it on time. It was 06:59 AM when I punched in.

I was so happy and I was smiling all the way to the pedestal. And then something happened. All of my colleagues as me the same question, “Do you have work today?” Boom! I checked my schedule and it is confirm. I am not scheduled to come to work on that day. Waaah!!!! I wanted to scream and shout @!#$! I learned my lesson the hard way!


Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment