Our social:

Monday, January 18, 2010

Understanding a parent


There is this Mcdonalds’ commercial which is currently airing about a Boy who is starting to date. The boy asked his parents to stop the car because he is getting out. His parents argued that the Mcdonalds is still far but the boy was ashamed to be seen with his parents.   His date is already is waiting outside the store when he arrived. He saw that his parents are still driving around the store and he tried to cover the girl’s vision. While ordering, he found out that he didn’t have any money. The cashier whispered that it was already paid. His parents paid the bill through the drive thru window.

I was eating lunch with of my officemates and I asked her opinion about the commercial. She could really relate. Her kid is twelve years old now doesn’t want her to come to school. She said that time goes by really fast and how she wishes that it slowed down.

It was a touching commercial. Everyone went through the same scenario when they were young. I think everybody at one point was the boy in that commercial. At one point we were somehow ashamed to be seen with our parents. I never really knew how my parents felt when I did something like that. Now that I am to become a dad, I wonder how fast it would take for me to encounter the same scenario. I wonder how I would feel.

 I think a person would only understand a parent until the person becomes one. I look back on my childhood and I ask myself if I was a good son. I look on all the things the hurtful things that I have done to them. How I hope that they understand that I didn’t know what I was doing or what I was saying.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment