Our social:

Monday, January 25, 2010

Where did the games go?


Everything is changing. I remember when I was a child, I spent most of my afternoons playing traditional Filipino games like Football, Moro-moro or tumbang preso. Everyone knows how to play hide and seek and every single kid during my youth has played this game at one point.

I have asked my friends about football but they are not that familiar with it. The rules are the same with baseball. A batter would try to hit the ball as hard as he/she can. There is no home run tough. The opposing team would have to catch the ball so that it would minimize their opponent's time  to run to their bases. Now here is the catch, there is no bat involved. A ball would be rolled to an opponent. The hitter would have to kick the ball as hard as he can. If the opposing team catch the ball after being hit, the hitter is out. If the hitter strikes three times, he is out as well. In baseball, a catcher would have to throw the ball to base where an opponent is running to. If he touches the runner using the ball while stepping on the base, the runner is out. In our version of the game, you could throw the ball at and he would be out. The runner could dodge the ball and run to the base to be safe.

The reason why I am writing this post is because I have noticed that kids nowadays are not playing this type of games. Most kids are staying at home or renting a computer in internet cafe playing, counterstrike, Dota, updating their Facebook status or watching TV.  I know it's fun and I used to be addicted as well. But somehow I have outgrown them. All I am saying is that Kids are not playing physical games. Sure they have Physical Education at school but the time alloted for exercise is not sufficient.



Add to Technorati Favorites





0 comments:

Post a Comment