Our social:

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Medical Scrubs

My mom has been a nurse for more than 30 years. I remember when I was young that  her nursing scrub uniforms use to just plain white or plain blue. Nowadays nurses use different types of scrubs. Now she is a clinical instructor and when I visit her school, her students wear colorful medical scrubs and uniforms. Sometimes I think it is way too colorful. I wonder if their patients are distracted with the colors. My mom encouraged me to take up nursing when I was in College. Though she didn't force me to take that course. She believes that no one should dictate the course that you should take in college. Besides I am a bit sloppy. I don't think I could keep the white uniform for nurses clean when it rains. I have always wonder what is the secret of nursing students for keeping their uniform clean. But now since there are a lot of colorful kind of scrubs, I think the task of keeping a scrub clean won't be as difficult. 


Now I wonder if didn't think of studying nursing. The demand for nurses are still high nowadays and has been for the last couple of years. Though students who graduated from nursing nowadays are finding it difficulty to find a job since there are a lot of nursing graduates. But back in 2001 when I graduated from college, graduating from nursing is a sure way to earn big money. It wasn't hard to find a nursing job back then. 

1 comment:

  1. Medical uniforms together with nursing scrubs can be found in quite a lot of style, and you'll choose them in line with your desire of colors, look and feel. Nurses working in the more medically severe affected person wards can wear somber styled scrubs while these working in the children's ward can adopt a lighter and colorful style. Nurses handling regular patients can select solid colors like mild blue or ocean green that make the patients feel extra relaxed and can venture a semi-formal personality.
    Nursing scrubs

    ReplyDelete