Our social:

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Phillipine Reproductive health bill

I have mix feelings with the action of tour guide Carlos Celdran. I am in favor of the reproductive health bill because I think people should be informed of the options that they have in preventing unwanted pregnancy. The population problem won’t solve itself. But I wouldn’t consider doing what he did. His action was too much of an insult to the church.

Being a first time dad, I understand how hard it is to become a parent. Put the financial factors to the mix and it makes it harder. But being a parent is worth it. Nothing compares to the joy of being a parent. But if we don’t consider family planning and have a baby every year, I think it wouldn’t be as fun as it should be. Having a family needs planning. A lot of planning. You can’t rely on wishful thinking or hope that somehow you’ll get by. Do you think it is right to have five kids even if you’re not earning enough money? Other people might suggest that the solution is to earn more money. But I think everyone would agree that it is easier said than done.

I know that there natural methods of family planning but they are not as full proof as using contraceptives. I know that the biggest issue is the youth. Educating people on how to use and the benefits of contraceptives might encourage younger people to have sex. But kids are doing it nowadays anyway. There are some who gets pregnant as early as 13 years old. Wouldn’t it better if they are better informed? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with kids having intercourse at a young age.

I still agree with the idea that intercourse should be done after marriage. But nowadays people don’t wait until getting married. So what should be done? I don’t agree with the idea of “go out and multiply” still applies. During those times it may be applicable when the population was less than a billion people. But now the population has increase enormously after World War II. Overpopulation breeds different problems. It affects not only the community but also the environment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment