Our social:

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cancelled TV series part 1

I am an avid viewer of TV series and have spent sleepless night in front of the Television to catch with the latest shows that I follow. For the last years, several shows that I was watching were cancelled. This is the just a few on my list of cancelled TV series.




Jericho
This is the first show that I watch that was cancelled. But due to decreasing number of viewers, the network decided to cancel it leaving fans like me wondering what will happen next. The series is based on the idea that the several nukes were detonated in United States leaving to the fall of the government. Several companies and US states were fighting over the right to rule the country. Later on the series, it was revealed that bombs were intentional and was plan by certain American individual who plans to take the power for themselves.


Heroes
I enjoyed watching the first two seasons of this series. The series was phenomenal and was watched in different countries. But the ratings were slowly declining as the series progresses. I couldn’t blame it. The storyline for the last two seasons were not as impressive compared to the first two. I guess there were too many characters involve. The last season was based on Claire’s college life and was more like a drama series than a science fiction story. In my opinion, one of reason for the series’ downfall is that it took too long for Peter to gain back his powers. They didn’t have any great purpose or were not trying to prevent a catastrophic event like in the first two seasons. In the last season, the buildup did not meet the expectations of the viewers. I am talking about Samuel. It seems like he was really powerful but in the end he just a pushover. There are still a lot of questions to be answered. Despite the crappy story line in the last season, I think viewers wouldn’t mind watching another season of the series.


Flashforward
Where did this show go wrong? I don’t know why they didn’t renew this series for another season but I think this series is great. In the series, the planet blackout and people saw their future. The series is about unlocking the secrets to the origin and the purpose of the black out. They later on discovered that the blackout was not a first and would not be last. The show was cancelled due declining ratings. I just know why people did patronize this show since it is one of a kind. It has a strong story compared to most shows based on high school or college student’s life. It is intellectual and the type of show that would make you eager to watch the next episode.

0 comments:

Post a Comment