Our social:

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Typhoon Basyang update

It's around 07:40 A.M. My graveyard shift has just ended. I am on my way but decided to browse the net for a couple of minutes. It is not raining as much and the winds have settled down. Since classes for Elementary to High school level were suspended in Metro Manila, Traffic is not that heavy.

I have received several calls from some of my colleagues that there are minor flooding in Bulacan. You see one of my duties is to receive call regarding absence notification. Another caller told me that several trees were uprooted while broken tree trunks were scattered along the streets in Paranaque.I really can't confirm it now since there is no TV here in our office.

Several parts of Luzon are without power since 1100 p.m last night. The strong winds have damage several equipment of Power corporation and is now a big burden for a lot of Filipinos. Luckily the office has a alternate power supply.

It would be difficult to sleep now that there is an ongoing power interruption. I hope that it won't last that long. Good thing it is still quite windy, I might able to get some sleep without an electric fan. But if becomes Sunny later, the heat would really be a problem.  I'll try to get home now and get some shut eye. I hope they restore power when I get home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment