Our social:

Saturday, July 24, 2010

La Salle beats Ateneo

I woke up late since I just my graveyard shift ended at seven o'clock this morning. I was browsing through the local channels to see if any show would catch my interest. I finally ended up switching my TV to studio 23 which was airing a live UAAP game between Ateneo and La Salle. I am not really a big fan of UAAP Basketball since my Almamater, Letran, is with the the other collegiate basketball League. But watching Ateneo and La salle battle for supremacy is like watching a championship game. Emotions are up in the air as usually even though this just their first match up of the season. 

I am not familiar with the line up of both teams. The last time I was really following the Ateneo-La Salle rivalry was back then when Mike Cortez, Mac Mac Cardona and Enrico Villanueva was still playing for their respective schools. But it is never disappointing to watch the two schools battle each other in the hard court. 

Majority of the coaches in the UAAP favor the De la Salle Green Archer. Despite losing veteran players in their line up, the rookies and sophomore players are stepping up. Ateneo on the other hand is banking on their experience to beat their rivals. The great about this rivalry is that statistics does really matter when they face each other. It all about school pride. They seem to be playing with a higher purpose when they face each other. 

When I starting tuning in to the game, there was only a few minutes left in the game with Ateneo in the lead with 7 points. It seems that Ateneo was on their way to bagging the win, but La salle made two back to back to three pointers which started their late. 17seconds left in game and Ateneo was down by three with the ball possession with Ateneo. The Ateneo Blue eagles tried to tie the game to force overtime but failed on two attempts beyond the three point mark. Final score is 66-63 in favor of La Salle. La Salle has now has a Win-loss record of 3-1 and has the solo second place while the defending champion Ateneo drops to fifth place. 



1 comment:

  1. I love UAAP!
    Watching these two teams, most especially! It is not only basketball but real entertainment!

    ReplyDelete