Our social:

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Melai wins Pinoy Big Brother Double Up




Picture from Melai's facebook account

I only started watching Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) this season. I prefer watching the Philippine version of Survivor but this season was different. I found PBB more amusing and a lot less stressful to watch than the survivor. The reason why I found it interesting is because of Melai and Jason. She is naturally funny and her actions and reactions were out of this world. They added a comic touch to this season of PBB.

Last night Melisa Cantiveros, better known as Melai was crown Pinoy Big brother big winner. Double up started on October 4, 2009 and lasted for 133 days. Even though I found her really funny, I think somebody else was more deserving of the title of big winner. Paul Jake was my personal bet. It is pretty disappointing that he didn't win. I think he played the game better. He exerted more effort on the task and was regularly helping out with the house chores. 

A few days ago they showed the statistics and Paul Jake was leading. I thought that it is great that the people are voting for him because he truly deserved to be the winner. I just didn't know why ABS-CBN showed the stats. Was it to show Melai fans that she was just second and needed votes to win. Or was it to make a twist or to add to drama to the big night? Who knows?

Since Melai and Jason are in some sort of relationship, they were both package as one. Paul Jake was the 2nd big winner but Jason seems to be getting more attention than him. It's not that I don't like Jason but he was asleep most of the time. He wasn't doing house chores and he didn't exert that much effort on the task. I would have wanted Tibo to the 3rd Placer.

I guess it boils down to popularity. It doesn't really matter if someone is more deserving. The more popular housemate is, the higher the chance of winning. It's quite sad how people vote. I guess it is simply how it works. Popularity over merits



Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment