Our social:

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Al Gore is coming to the Philippines on April

I got excited when I learned that Al Gore is going to present his climate protection advocacy on April 30, 2010 at the SMX Convention Center at SM Mall of Asia Complex. The lecture is entitled Leadership Conference Series 3 presents "Al Gore: The Leader As Environment Steward". Al Gore is the Nobel Prize Laureate and former US Vice President. His award winning Film “An Inconvenient truth” is considered one of the top documentary films of all time.

I was already concern about the environment before watching his film “An inconvenient Truth”. But after watching it, I got more interested and wanted to learn more about it. The Film is an Eye opener for everyone. Everybody is experiencing the effects of Climate change now. I know for a fact that it is getting warmer. I love to walk and being under the sun. But it is getting hotter and hotter. I hate using an umbrella unless it is necessary but now I use it every day.

Here in the Philippines, the drought is causing massive destruction of agricultural products. The supply for Rice, a primary food for the Filipinos, may be adequate for now but we may soon need to import rice if the drought continuous. There were droughts before but we are not as devastating. Now certain dams around the Philippines are at critical level. Even the Famous Pagsanjan Falls have dried up.

I really hope that I could attend the lecture. I want to learn more about the Climate Change. Tickets to lecture are available at Ticketnet (911-5555 or www.ticketnet.com.ph) and all SM branches.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment