Our social:

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jamming devices

While I was watching the ABS-CBN news, a segment caught my attention. There are unconfirmed reports that a large amount of Signal jammers were smuggle in the Philippines. There is a theory that Jamming devices would be use to disrupt the May 2010 election in the Philippines. ABS-CBN tried to purchase the said device in one of the electronic shops in Manila. It is surprisingly easy. They were not required to present any form of identification and the retailers did not ask the purpose in purchasing the device.


Even if Telcommunication company would use this contraption to disrupt their competitors signal, their services would be affected as well. This devices doesn't have the capabilities to jam a specific network. That won’t be beneficial to anyone.

So it got me thinking. This would be fun if I want to annoy somebody. But that is not enough reason for me to shell out at least Php4000 for it. I could buy a lot of things instead. So what is the purpose of buying such device?

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment