Our social:

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Merlin ends after the fifth season


This is bad news for all Merlin fans out there. BBC one has pulled the plug on the TV series based on the Arthurian Legend.  I am sad to hear that Merlin would end after this season. I have been watching the show since it first aired back in 2008. I don’t how they will cram all the stories they need in the last remaining episode for them to give Merlin a proper ending. Why would they cancel it now that it is starting to become really great. 
 
I thought this season was off in a good start with the inclusion of Mordred in the story. Based on the Arthurian legend, Mordred betrays Arthur and fights the later at the Battle of Camlamn. In some of the stories, Modred kills Arthur during the battle while some says that it is the other way around.  In other stories Modred dies during the battle and Arthur was brought to Avalon to recover from his wounds.
 
It is still unknown how the show will tell the story but in the earlier episode of the fifth season, Merlin sees vision of Modred stabbing Arthur in a battle which is probably the battle of Camlamn.
We yet still how to see how Morgana’s power grows and how the two dragons battle each other. There are too many things that I want to see from the show and I hoping to see them before they close the curtain.
 
I know Merlin hasn’t been as good as the early seasons but I am not sure they should end it with this season. Merlin hasn’t really reached his full potential. At his current state Merlin isn’t considered legendary. I hope they reconsider because this is one of the series that I enjoy watching. Now that Merlin is ending what should I watch next? One of the reasons why I enjoy this series is that this is the only show that the timeline is during medieval era. Meaning, there is no electricity, no gadgets and no guns. That means a lot of sword fights. There is this new show called revolution but it won’t cut it.What are your thoughts?  
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment