Our social:

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) sells goods to typhoon survivors

Two weeks after Typhoon Yolanda (international name Haiyan) hit Tacloban, the social media has been flooding with disturbing news on how the Philippine government has been handling the rescue operations and dispersement of relief goods. I personally don't believe everything that I hear on the news. But some stories has been aired on TV network GMA, ABS-CBN and even CNN.

This is one news I saw in ireport.cnn.com that has bothered me. the Department of trade and industry (DTI) is selling basic goods. The Diskwento Caravan, as DTI calls it, is selling bread,coffee, milk and processed meat with discount ranging from 10% to 30% from the original price.

Here is my question. Where did all the donations from foreign countries go? Total donations from foreign country has totalled to 200 million US dollars. Are you telling me that all the money is .now all gone? This is disturbing news. I also heard in the news ABS CBN was airing that the government prohibited donors from giving milk to survivors since the Department of Health (DOH) is promoting breast milk. WTF?! Pardon my language but this news is very disgusting. And if DOH is promoting breast milk, why is DTI selling milk?

To see the article in ireport.cnn.com click here.  

What are your thoughts?

Posted via Blogaway

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment