Our social:

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A long lost friend


Yesterday a friend of mine from college celebrated his birthday. We haven't talked in years and I was surprised to receive a call from him.  Back then we were inseparable. But now we have our own lives, our own group of social circle and have our own families. I guess it's hard to keep in touch with so many things happening to our respective lives.

He migrated to the States 2 years after we graduated. We lost all form of communication. A few days ago I remember that his birthday is coming. Since I don't have any of his contact details, I had to find a way to search for him. I tried a social network search. I checked Facebook but he didn't have an account. I tried his friendster but it seems to be inactive for quite some time. Then I found a site called Peoplesearch. I was surprised to find an email address associated to his name. I wasn't sure if that was his email address but I just wrote him a mail and gave him my contact details hoping to get a reply. And then Voila! I got a call from him. It's amazing! I never thought that it would be that easy to find a friend that you lost touch with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment