Our social:

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

NCAA Season 87 is coming!

We are only 9 days away from the opening of the NCAA season 87. I am really excited to see how my Alma Matter, Colegio de San Juan de Letran, would do this year. Admittedly they did not have a good run last year but hopefully this would be a better year for the knights.

San Beda is still the team to beat this year. After completing a historic 18 game sweep last year, it makes you wonder if their roster this year could repeat history.

The policy on foreign nationals playing in the NCAA is still undecided. Some believe that it would be unfair for those schools who do not have foreign players while some think having them lessens the focus on local talent. I think PBA has enough foreign player in the league. I hope NCAA and UAAP create a policy that favors local talents. I read an article about this and one commented that without foreign players, watching NCAA basketball game would be boring. Really? I don't think so. There is a big difference between the PBA and college league. Loyalty. You would be loyal to your Alma Matter no matter what. Whether or not my school has Foreign players or not, I would still support them. When I was still in college (that was 10 years back), they did not have foreign nationals playing in the tournament. And it was really exciting then.

We will just have to see how each school fair this year. I hope i could keep updates on each game on a regular basis. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment