Our social:

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sun Broadband Service

I have been looking for a good internet provider that would provide me with a fast internet connection and unlimited surfing time. I wanted to try to apply for a DSL service from PLDT but it would be a hassle to submit all the requirements. My old DSL provider unfortunately doesn't offer their internet service in San Mateo. So I was left with the broadband service provided by the three telecommunications company in the Philippines.

I tried Globe tattoo prepaid broadband service. But I was really disappointed with the speed and their connection. I always have to reconnect to the service and it was really slow. Plus they have a so called Fair Use Policy which limits a heavy downloader like me to maximize their internet usage. You see I tried several times to register for their Unlimited Surfing service. But when I reached the 800 Mb limit, I get cut off from my internet usage and have to wait the next day. This is not beneficial to me since I work at nights and I am always too sleepy during the day. Hence I don't maximize the P50 worth of unlimited service. I thought it would be different with their postpaid subscription. Unfortunately they have the same policy for the postpaid subscription. I also tried Smartbro but I always get disconnected. They don't have a Fair Use Policy though.

Now I am using the Sun Cellular Broadband and I am very much satisfied with their service. Not only could I use it for downloading files, it it also doesn't get disconnected. Among the three broadband service provider, Sun is far superior than the two. Maybe it is because of the location. A friend of mine is also using the prepaid Sun service but his connection is quite slow. The connection speed depends on the number of subscribers using the service in a particular area.

So far so good. I'll let you know if I encounter any problems. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment