Our social:

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Smallville Series Finale

After 10 seasons, Smallville has finally come to an end. I have to say that it's not good but not a bad ending either. I guess I expected a lot more. I like the part where Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Clark (Tom Welling) were talking to each other in the mansion. I think they made a good excuse for his absence in the last three seasons. Besides the Superman Mythology would not be complete without Lex Luthor.


Now let me enumerate what I thought was wrong about the finale. First, Darkseid  was supposed to be a strong opponent. But in the end, Darkseid's demise seems so anticlimactic. The only thing Clark had to do was fly pass through him and he's dead. I am not that familiar how Superman defeated him in the comics, but from my point of view it seems like it was a fairy tale ending for Darkseid. I don't know maybe it' just me. Second, Darkseid's minions was killed pretty easily as well. It took only green arrow to kill them. Maybe it would have been better if they involve the justice league in the finale.

Next disappointment. I think they should have made one more episode before the finale. They could have put all the drama in the Finale part 1 into one separate episode and had a one hour filled with CG and concentrated on how Clark defeated Darkseid. First part of the finale was too much of Clark and Lois. And too much of Jonathan Kent. When the molten planet was about to hit earth, it didn't seem like it was a very hard to task for Clark to push it away.

There wasn't a clear shot of Clark when he finally wore the suit. I think every fan was eagerly anticipating that.  But I was anticipating his flight more. We saw him fly in one the early season of the series but he was Kalel then and it seems like he was somehow possess by Jorel. There was nothing really special about his flight in this episode.



But all in all it was good TV series. I particularly enjoyed when they guest the late Christopher Reeve and other actors and actress from the movie. Although it would have been great if Gene Hackman was able to guest as well. I also enjoyed how watching episode where he started to learn his powers. The Justice League was a nice touch but sometimes I feel that it was unnecessary. It is quite amazing that they were able to make a whole series based on a few minutes of the Superman movie. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment