Our social:

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Is it too late to change career path?

I am still adjusting to my new work schedule. You see my work requires me to work nights so that means my social life is really taking a hit. I haven't seen much of my old friends. When I get home I usually spend all of my time sleeping. I haven't had a chance to catch up with my reading. All I do now is sleep, eat and on some rare occasion get a chance to watch the Television. 

So I keep asking myself if I made the right decision or took the right career path. My mom wanted me to taking up nursing since she wanted at least one of her children to taking up the same college course that she took and eventually continue to medical school.  To tell you the truth wearing a white lab coat doesn't seem so bad. Though the good thing about my mom is that she didn't really push what she wanted but instead help us make our own decision on which course to take up in college. Besides I am not sure I could keep those scrubs or white medical nursing uniforms  clean especially when it rains. Well good  thing about  scrubs is that they come in different colors. It use to be plain years back. I remember when I was young and my mom use to wear the same colored scrubs over and over again.

But is it too late to change career? My former officemate took up nursing years after she graduated. She was able to finish her second college degree while keeping her old job. I guess it is about time management. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment