Our social:

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Freddie Roach urges Manny Pacquiao to retire after two more fights





I have a lot of respect for Freddie Roach to even suggest Manny Paquiao to retire at this stage of his career. Why? Because even though he gets a lot of money (At least a million dollars in the last three fights) being Pacquaio’s coach, he still prioritize Pacquiao’s well being before wealth.

 Many people consider that Manny Pacquiao is at his peak physically.  It seems illogical to ask his prize student to retire this soon.  Freddie Roach knows the worst thing that could happen if a boxer stays in the game longer than he should. Roach is currently fighting his Parkinson’s disease which he got from being a Boxer longer than he should have. It is true that Manny is different than any other boxer today but one simple mistake or one wrong punch could change everything.

Roach has said that Manny has a lot of things to fall back on when he retires. He is a singer, an actor and now he is running for congress. The money that he has accumulated over the years is enough for him.  That’s true. But from what I have seen from Manny Pacquiao over the years is that he has an extraordinary drive to excel in what he wants to do. He lost in his bid for Congress in his hometown General Santos City but it didn’t stop him from aspiring for congress.

Manny Pacquiao still wants to fight Mayweather Jr. as long as they agree upon the terms of the match. Winning against Mayweather may not be enough for him to consider his career complete. Pacquiao has said that boxing has become such a major part of his life and is not sure how to end his boxing career. He said that "I hope to continue to fight. Boxing is my job and my love. I'm doing what I love, what I'm passionate about. So I want to continue. And I want to continue giving the fans what they want to see”.
I know that a lot of Filipinos wouldn’t want him to retire. I frankly wouldn’t want him to retire now. I also agree that he is on his peak. But then again I agree with Freddie Roach that it would be better for him to retire while he is on top rather than retire after losing a lot of matches like Oscar Dela Hoya. 
Add to Technorati Favorites
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment