Our social:

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Who is the fairest DSL provider of them all?

Internet has become a big part of the people's lives in the Philippines. And day by day internet users are growing. That is one the reason why Telecommunications companies are finding ways to make Filipino's lives easier to connect to the web.

I am a heavy internet user and I had to find a service provider that would meet my online needs. I am in to online gaming and heavy content downloading. I could have just bought a Plug-it device if I was only going to connect to social networking site such as Facebook or Friendster. But the internet speed that Plug-it device is not sufficient for my online gaming needs.

PLDT DSL is most the recognize DSL provider and is still the top choice. There are alternatives as well. There's SmartBro, Globe Broadband and Bayantel. I ended up subscribing to Bayantel DSL because they were not that strict with the documents that I submitted and it only took them three days to install. I just had to pay Php999 pesos when I submitted my documents and Php250 per month for the first four months. When I was applying for a PLDT DSL account, I was told that it would take three weeks to process the installation.

There is no such thing as a perfect service provider but since March 2009, there were only two incidents when my connection was down. On both occasions, the rain was pouring really hard. One of the incidents was during Typhoon Ondoy. I am satisfied with the service so far.

From the banners and leaflets that I have read regarding the Bayantel DSL service, the internet speed could go as high as 1280Kbps. Another good thing is that I had to pay Php899 per month only. But there is a catch. A subscriber could only use the advertised speed of 1280 kbps from 10pm to 10am. From 10:00am to 9:59 pm, internet speed is only at 768 kbps. Now here is the bigger catch. In order to use the Burst speed (1280 Kbps) you have to modify the username in order to avail the service. For example: If the username is jddelacruz, you would have to put put @sod after the username making it jddelacruz@sod. I hope this information is useful


Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment