Our social:

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Vampire Diaries: Book versus the TV series

There are a lot of new American TV series that are very interesting. I am always interested with Books, movies or TV series that are vampire related. I have been a fan of True Blood since the first season. I had to find a Vampire series to watch while waiting for the new season to air. I heard about this new Vampire TV series called Vampire Diaries. After I watched the first episode, I had to say that it was not that bad. I heard that there was a book and started to read it. I have read the first four books so far and I have seen a lot of alterations. These are some of the differences that I have seen so far:

1. Elena Gilbert’s sibling in the book is a 4 year old girl named Margaret. In the series, instead of casting a 4 year old child, they casted a guy to play as Elena’s younger Brother Jeremy Gilbert. He is drug junkie in love with Vickie

2. Vickie in the series is Matt Honeycutt’s younger sister. In the book, Vickie is not Matt’s sister and her last name is Bennett

3. In the book, Vickie did not become a vampire. She was not killed by Stefan. She was killed by another vampire named Claus. But I am getting way ahead of myself

4. Elena has two close friends in the book. The first is Bonnie and the second is Meredith. I don’t know why Meredith is not series since she plays a big part in the book.

5. Lexi, Stefan’s 350 year old vampire friend who appeared in episode 8 of the series was not in the book.

6. Aunt Judith’s fiancé Robert, is not a reporter in the book

7.In the series, Bonnie’s ancestor Emily is a powerful witch who was Katherine’s maid. She also sealed Katherine with Magic in the series. In the book she was not related to Bonnie.

8. Damon did not know that Katherine is still alive. The brothers thought that she was dead all along until she appeared in Mystic Falls and killed Elena

9. The Salvatore brother’s were not from Mystic Falls to begin with. They were from Italy. And the character Zach in the TV series does not exist in the book.

If you have read the book, you would be really disappointed. But for those who haven't I think they would enjoy watching the series. I am still watching the series to see what other alterations have they made. It is like a different story. They have only taken the Characters and some parts of the story. I guess we will just have to see how the story unfolds

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment