Our social:

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am going to be a daddy!

I just got married a few months ago. Being married without a baby seems incomplete. It's like being in a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship playing house. We were planning to have a baby for months. And at last we were blessed.

I was on a graveyard shift which starts from 10 in the evening and ends 7 o'clock the succeeding day. I was tasked to wake up my wife since her work would start at seven. I was supposed to wake her up at four thirty in the morning. Before I got the chance to call her, I received a text message asking to call her immediately. It seems urgent. When I contacted her she said that she use the pregnancy test that I have purchased a few days back. One line means negative. Two lines means positive. And if there were no lines, that means the test was void.

She said that the test had the two lines but the second line seems faded. She seems a little doubtful but I could tell that she is really excited. We decided to meet after my shift to get a doctor's opinion. Even though we haven't confirmed that she was really pregnant, I had to tell someone. I was too excited to keep my happiness to myself. I told a few of my officemates about the good news. I called my parents and asked my dad a question that I have always to ask him. Are you ready to be a grandfather? They were both happy for me and like any parents, they both gave my advice.

My wife still went to work. She told me that she was disoriented and could not focus on the training that she was attending. She asked permission to go leave work early so that we may visit a doctor.

It was around twelve in the afternoon when we met somewhere near the clinic. We had lunch first before visiting the doctor. I was really sleepy then since I was up all night because of work. Good thing that the doctor did not have any clients during that time and we were accommodated immediately.

She asked a few question and had my wife examined. She was then asked to have another pregnancy test. We waited for the result to be ready. And the doctor said the words that we wanted to her. "Congratulations. It is positive!"

I was euphoric. I did not know where the energy came from, but all the sleepiness and the headache was washed away. And I couldn't help myself form grinning. We were supposed to come back after a few weeks to have the ultrasound and other test.

T minus 7 months and 3 weeks

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment