Our social:

Saturday, June 22, 2013

IOS vs. Android

Which is the better platform? I have used an Iphone for the last two years and have recently started using an android phone. I have found android a better choice. Here are the reason why.

1. Customization 

- You can't do a lot of customization with IOS. One of features that I wanted my Iphone to have is to capability to change the appearance. I heard that in IOS 7 that somehow change the appearance but I am not sure to what extent. With Android phones, you could change the appearance by downloading launchers. There are quite a few good one out there. So far I have tried the Smart Launcher and have been satisfied. 

2. Apps choices

- You can find a lot of apps in the Apple Store. The only problem is, most of the good ones are not free. with Android, you could find a variety of great apps which are free on Google play. Another great thing about android phones is that you don't necessarily have to root your phone to be able to use some of the apps. 

3. Phone features. 

- IOS is not particularly fond of sharing data. The bluetooth feature could by use mostly using two IOS phone. This is totally different with android in which you could pair would almost any other phones. 
- FM Radio feature is not readily available for IOS phones. If you want to listen to the radio, you would have to download an app for it. 

4. Affordability

- This is one of the main reason why I bought an android phone in the first place. I wanted to upgrade  my outdated Iphone and would cost a lot of money to buy am Iphone 5 or Iphone 4s. Not to mention that they might release another Iphone within the year. Who knows? 


Are you an Android user or an IOS user? What are your thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment