Our social:

Monday, August 1, 2011

Wakesurfing

I was browsing through the magazine stand as I was searching for a copy of the latest Men's health issue for the month of July and I came across a Wakesurfing magazine. I am always interested in water sport or activities and I have tried scuba diving and Kitesurfing when I visited Boracay. Wakesurfing seems really interesting. I would like to give it a try when I get enough vacation leave credits.

So what is the difference between wakesurfing and wakeboarding? They are actually similar in a lot of ways. Wakeboarder or a wakesurfer would have to move along with waves that a motorboat makes. But the main difference is that wakeboarders are attached to the boat using a towline or any other means. In wakesurfing, a towline is use at first, but wakesurfer drops the towline as soon as they get the feel of the waves. A wakesurf board is usually five feet or shorter. The boats that are use for wakesurfing a lot heavier than normal boat so that bigger waves are produce. Boats with outboard motors are not recommended for the sport because the propeller is expose which would be risky for a wakesurfer. Inboards is the highly recommended for this sport. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment