Our social:

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Smart Bro Rocket Plug-it

I am always on the lookout for a internet service that would cater to my needs. I have been using a Sun Broadband plug-it for months and I am pretty much satisfied with the service. Now SmartBro has released a broadband that could reach up to 12 Mbps on a HSPA+ network. But here is the catch, there are only 150 HSPA+ sites in the Philippines. So that simply means that you could reach the 12 mbps speed only on some parts of the country. Some parts of Metro Manila, Cebu and Davao has HSPA+ connectivity.

This sounds promising on paper. But I wonder if someone using the Rocket plug could actually maximize the usage. Another problem that I see here is that, it is initially in prepaid. That means you have to reload your account from time to time to stay connected.

So even though you could reach a maximum of 12 mbps , the minumum connection speed is around 12 to 48 kbps. So does that mean that if your not within a HSPA+ zone, connection speed would be something similar to a regular Smart Bro plug-it?

I would like to get a Rocket plug-it but I have my doubts. I am not sure if the rocket plug it would meet my internet needs. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment