Our social:

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Discovering Twitter

I am so outdated. Twitter has been on the internet for years and I haven't even bothered trying to learn about the features. I fell like everybody is using MP3 players while I am still stuck with a walkman. I always thought that it was not that useful but after reading a fews posts on different blogs, I decided to give it a try. They say that it could really bring traffic to a blog. Might as well try it. And if it doesn't work out there is always the delete widget option. While I was searching my blog using Google, I have discovered that a few of my post were retweeted. (is that even the right term?). So I asked myself why do people even bother?

So what is twitter? It is a social networking site like Facebook. It is similar to a shout out in Facebook. At first I found the site unattractive. Compare to Facebook where you could see face and other information of the person doing the shout out , Twitter is a lot more simple. Twitting is like sending a text messages to all those in your list.You could reach a lot more people faster if you have a lot friends linked to your account.

I haven't fully utilized their service and I am still experimenting with it. Right now I am using to promote my blog and attract traffic. I have just added a tweet this option in my blog. It is quite boring though if you do not have that much friend in twitter. Anyway let's see how it goes and i'll tell you the  result of my experiment.

1 comment:

  1. It took me awhile to appreciate Twitter. I'm not as keen as others since it's not as applicable here than in the US but the amount of information you can get from other people's tweets is loads. A simple remark from someone is enough of a tip for a next topic, don't you think? Don't worry about expanding your "followers". People tend to ask you even if you don't know them.

    ReplyDelete