Our social:

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Movie Review: Breaking dawn Part 2

I have seen the first Twilight movie and New moon and decided to skip watching Eclipse and Breaking dawn part 1. I have read all the books and by comparison, they made an awful adaption of a mediocre book series. Twilight is like a fairy tale of vampire and werewolves. In the end Bella live happily ever after. Before I get to that I'll start with the movie.

I have to admit that there were funny moments in the movie. I think there are three. The first is when Jacob was being dragged by Bella and thrown out of the house after the later learned that Jacob imprinted on her daughter. Second was when Jacob was telling Charlie that he can turn to a wolf.And the third is Aro's reaction after seeing Alice's vision of his death.



They did a great job in the final battle scene between the Volturi and Bella and his friends. Although I find it very unusual that there were a lot of beheading and there was not a lot blood dripping from the heads. Why is that? It would have been great if Carlisle and Jasper really meet their end. It would have given it better ending. But off course in the book nobody was hurt except for what's her name? The vampire informant? Now I remember it's Irina

Dakota Fanning's underacted in this film. Well blame it on the character. The only thing that she said in the film was pain. We all know how talented of an actress she is. Try watching the movie "I am Sam" and you'll know what I am talking about. She can act better than Kristen Stewart. Michael Sheen who played Aro was supposed to be intimidating but I find him comical. I guess that is how the director wanted to portray him. He is more intimidating as Lucian in the Underworld movies. So I blame it all to the directors for not bringing out the talents of this two fine stars.

Anyway back to Twilight being a fairy tale of vampire and werewolves. First nobody dies, at least none of the main characters. In the end Bella was able to keep his family intact, she could walk during day, doesn't have the thirst like normally new born do. She is strong because she is a new born and far physically stronger than the old vampires. And she has a protective shield. What else can you ask for? And despite the threat of being killed and decapitated by the Volturi, they were able to leave unharmed.

I thought after doing five twilight movies they would have learned from their previous mistakes. The pacing of the movie is horrible. It is way to fast leaving important details of the stories out and they successfully manage to put unimportant scenes in. A good example is the arm wrestling match between Bella and Emmett.

Overall this film is better than the previous installments but it is still not a movie that I would watch over and over again. They could have spent a little more attention to the special effects. The scene when Edward and Bella was running through the woods, It is pretty obvious that it was shoot infront of a green screen. Good thing it is over. Now I am trying to decide whether to get a copy of the two movies in the series that I didn't watch. Hmmm. Is it worth it? You know there are movies that people have told you that suck but you feel that you still need to watch it just for the sake of watching it. This is one of those movies.


0 comments:

Post a Comment