Our social:

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Temperature rises in the Philippines

The temperature has been high in the last few months that on most days I take refuge in air condition malls located near my residence. I have never considered purchasing an air conditioner but I am starting to think that it is becoming more of a necessity rather than a luxury. Yesterday the temperature in Metro Manila has reached 36.1 degrees Celsius. A month ago on March 6, temperature has risen to 35.8 degrees. The highest temperature in Metro Manila was recorded on May 14, 1987 and was at 38.5 degrees Celsius.

The Philippine Atmospheric,  Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) has forecasted the temperature would reached 35 to 36 degrees Celsius until the weekend and reach as high as 37 degrees all over the country within this month or on May.

If the temperature is high in Metro Manila, it is nothing compared to Tuguegarao where temperature is expected to reach as high as 37 to 38 degrees Celsius in the next four days. The highest temperature recorded in the Philippine is at 42.2 degrees Celsius in Tuguegarao on May 11, 1969

Just before coming to work, I travelled from Pampanga to my office in Quezon City. I expected that it would be a lot cooler in the province compared to Quezon City but I was wrong. It was hotter there despite that there are more trees. I think the problem is that there is only a warm breeze there.  I hope that the temperature would go down as soon as the drought ends. It has really been difficult to commute lately. I wonder how it would be if the Global temperature rises and when the day comes that a 36 degree temperature is a natural occurrence in the Philippines.  An increase of a few degrees would post a lot of problem to a lot of Filipinos. How I wish this drought ends soon.

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment