Our social:

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Alcatel One Touch Idol Review

Alcatel was one of the biggest Mobile phone makers when GSM was just making it' mark in the mobile phone world. But in recent years they thave failed to create phones that would compete with widely recognize Nokia Handset. Now in the Smartphone world where people has acknowledgement handset created by not only the to leading smartphone creator, Apple and Samung. Alcatel has a chance to get a piece of the smartphone market.

Before I got my Alcatel One touch I was using my Iphone 3g. I am not the type of person that enjoys purchasing a new handset from time to time. But my Iphone 3g has a lot of limitations which prompted me to buy a new phone. 


Here are the general specfcations that I got from gsmarena.com

GENERAL2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G NetworkHSDPA 900 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900
SIMOptional dual SIM (Micro-SIM)
BODYDimensions133 x 67.5 x 7.9 mm (5.24 x 2.66 x 0.31 in)
Weight109 g (3.84 oz)
DISPLAYTypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size540 x 960 pixels, 4.66 inches (~236 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes
ProtectionDragon Trail Glass
SOUNDAlert typesVibration; MP3 ringtones
LoudspeakerYes
3.5mm jackYes
MEMORYCard slotmicroSD, up to 32 GB (dual SIM version)
Internal4 GB / 13.3 GB (dual SIM version) storage, 512 MB
DATAGPRSYes
EDGEYes
SpeedHSDPA 7.2 Mbps
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
BluetoothYes, v4.0 with A2DP
USBYes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERAPrimary8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
FeaturesGeo-tagging, touch focus
VideoYes
SecondaryYes, 2 MP
FEATURESOSAndroid OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
ChipsetMTK 6577+
CPUDual-core 1 GHz
SensorsAccelerometer, proximity, compass
MessagingSMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
BrowserHTML
RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
GPSYes, with A-GPS support
JavaYes, via Java MIDP emulator
ColorsSilver, Slate, Pink, Red, Yellow
- SNS integration
- MP3/AAC+/WAV/WMA player
- MP4/H.264 player
- Document viewer
- Photo viewer/editor
- Organizer
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input
BATTERYLi-Ion 1800 mAh battery
Stand-byUp to 415 h (2G) / Up to 410 h (3G)
Talk timeUp to 7 h 10 min (2G) / Up to 3 h 30 min (3G)

The Alcatel Idol One touch  available by getting postpaid plan 600 with Sun Cellular. Now please note that the Idol release here in the Philippines is just single sim. Many people, myself included thought that it would come in with dual sim. Also the sun cellular release on comes with Slate color back cover. 

Here is some things that I've noticed.

Bluetooth - I tried pairing with a Samsung Galaxy phone but it did not work. I am not sure If this holds true only for the Samsung Galaxy Y or all Samsung Phones. Ironically it worked with my Iphone. Normally the Iphone's bluetooth does not recognize other phones except if it is an IOS device. 

Battery: It is what you would expect from a smartphone. With consistent use of wifi the battery would last for a day. When I used it watching Movies, I had to to make an extra charge to make through the day. However this what I noticed. I know it is not ideal to use your phone while charging, but Alcatel Idol heats up real fast when I did it. When I was using my Iphone I never experience that problem. Even when I continuously play Candy Crush without charging, it heats up fast. 

Touch screen: When I am playing candy crush, and swipe the screen from left to right and vise versa, I encounter some lag or sometimes it does not respond at all. I have to swipe it again to make the move. But other than that it works fine. I am not sure if this is caused by the free screen protector that they provide. There are fingerprint smudges all the time and I have to clean every now and then. 


Camera: 

Here are some of the sample camera photos that I have taken. I think it is great when i take photos during the day. I still have to test how it fares during night and still have to test the front camera




I'll end it now and provide further updates in the coming weeks since I just got the phone and still testing it out. Please stay tuned. What do you think of the Alcatel One touch Idol


0 comments:

Post a Comment