Our social:

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Alphas Cancelled


After two seasons, Alphas has been officially cancelled. The show is based on people with superhuman abilities similar to TV series called Heroes. After the cancellation of Heroes, Alphas was somehow my replacement for a show that features superhuman abilities. I find the Alphas is more believable than heroes. It also shows that there is a limitation and consequences for using excessively using one’s abilities. This is something which I find more believable that the abilities featured in Heroes.
 
Even though I was not concern about the TV ratings and neither did I checked it weekly, I somehow knew that Alphas was going to end quickly. The stories in the second season were not alluring enough for me to eager to watch for the succeeding episode. It was something that I could put-off watching or to be more exact it was something that I least prioritized in watching.
 



So what went wrong? The stories were something in I already saw in Heroes. A group of people with superhuman abilities banded together to exact revenge or bring chaos to a society that do not see them as equals? Familiar isn’t it? So here is the real question.  Are sci-fi shows destined to be cancelled prematurely? I have seen quite a few. Firefly, Heroes, Kyle XY, Alphas, Terra Nova, and V are just some of the show’s that I watched which got cancelled without giving fans a proper ending. It seems to be a trend nowadays. Off course there are still some sci-fi series out there. Falling skies is one of them. Fringe has just ended.  So I have to wait for something new.
 
What seems to be new are series with a Serial Killer theme. First we have Dexter, then the Following, and soon Hannibal Lecter would on the TV screen. Off course there are shows like CSI or Criminal Minds but nothing focus more on serial killers that this three series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment