Our social:

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Arrow


The show is about Oliver Queen, billionaire turned vigilante better known as Green Arrow. Like many other people out there, I was reluctant in watching this new show from CW. CW also brought Smallville, the story of how Clark Kent before he became Superman. 

I said I was reluctantly because I saw green arrow in Smallville and their version is a wimpier version compared to the comics. Now they are trying to retell Green Arrow's story using the same formula they used in Smallville. Although I find the Pilot episode interest enough to watch more episode, I don't think that the Ollie and Tommy Merlyn best friend thing is the way to go especially when CW did the exact same thing in Smallville. 


I also see similarities with the latest Batman trilogy. Both have gone missing for years and came back becoming vigilantes. Both are filthy rich and both has put an arrogant rich boy facade when they returned to their respective cities. I haven't read the green arrow comics and I am not sure if this how it is with the comics. What I am pretty sure is that Tommy Merlyn or Merlyn is his arch enemy and they were never best friends. In fact Merlyn is way older that Oliver . 

With all of this. I think this series is worth giving a chance. I just hope they start creating more original ideas rather than copying other series or movies.

* click the episode name to read the episode review

Season
Episode
Title
Air Date
1
1
10-Oct-12
2
17-Oct-12
3
Lone Gunmen
24-Oct-12
4
An Innocent Man
31-Oct-12
5
Damaged
7-Nov-12
6
Legacies
14-Nov-12
7
Muse of Fire
21-Nov-12
8
Vendetta
28-Nov-12
9
Year's End
12-Dec-12
10
Burned
Jan 2013
11
Trust but Verify
Jan 2013

Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

Post a Comment