Our social:

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Higher Learning


It's been 10 years since I graduated. I always felt that I had to take my education to the next level but always had an excuse not take up a graduate studies. Since I am working nights and almost asleep during the day, it would be hard for me to squeeze in studying in a very hectic schedule. I have to consider a lot of things. I have to consider the time and money I have to spend in taking up a Master’s degree. 

I have been researching distant learning programs. I always have fears of taking courses online since I am not sure of the legitimacy of the programs that they are offering.  I came across the Open University program that the University of the Philippines is offering. Since it is a very reputable school in the Philippines, it has somehow alleviated the fear of getting a degree in a non-traditional way. 

Master of Arts in Education (Language and Literacy Education) seems very interesting. Why education if you may ask? Because I know that teaching is a long-term profession. It is a continuous learning process. Something that person like me who gets bored easily will benefit from. So I started reading forum, articles and free research paper online to jump-start my mind. I need to prepare for the entrance exam. I plan to start this coming semester if all goes well. Wish me luck. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment