Our social:

Friday, July 8, 2011

Sun Broadband Service update


I have been looking for an internet service that would cater my online needs. I used to be a subscriber of Bayantel DSL service. Since I transferred residence, I needed to get a postpaid internet subscription. I could have chosen a prepaid service but it is too much of a hassle to reload every now and then.

I have been testing the Sun broadband service whenever I can. I have visited several places recently and I wanted to impart to you how the service is like in certain places. I have been to Sto. Tomas Pampanga. There is absolutely no service. I have no problem with the Sun prepaid cellphone service in Pampanga. The signal in that area is a lot stronger than Globe and Smart. So I concluded that Sun's cellular service and their Broadband service is not sharing the same network. That is good news and bad news about this. Assuming that is the case, it is beneficially for sun broadband user who are situated in areas where there a lot of sun cellphone user. Globe and Smart use their cell sites to provide service for both cellphone and broadband user. So what it means is that, if there are a lot of cellphone subscriber's in a particular area, chances are broadband service would be poor.

I have tried to use the broadband service in Mandaluyong, and it is pretty slow. I could only maximize the service from five o'clock in the morning until six. I also tried the service when I was in better living. The internet connection there is fast most of the time, however there are certain days when it is slow. Out of 10 days, I experienced a day of slow connection.

I primarily use sun's broadband service in San Mateo. I haven't experience any problem with browsing. But when it comes to torrent downloading, most of the time it is slow. But compared to Smart bro or Globe Tattoo, at least I could even download torrents with Sun. One more good thing about it is that I don't get disconnected. With the other network providers, I always had to reconnect from time to time



0 comments:

Post a Comment