Our social:

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Which company provides superior internet service in the Philippines?

It has been years since I have been a loyal subscriber of Bayantel's DSL service. Unfortunately since I had to transfer residence I had to find a new means to connect to the Web. Bayantel would have been fine but they don't have any connection in San Mateo. So I have to choose whether to get a Smart or Sun Broadband service or PLDT mydsl. The problem with PLDT is that I have to submit a lot of documents and it would take time to have it installed.

You might be wondering why I didn't include Globe Tattoo to the list. Well I am currently using the Tattoo's prepaid service but I am very disappointed with the service. This is the reason why. First it is hard find a good connection. And I did find a good connection it wouldn't last that long. I kept on disconnecting and reconnecting all the time. Second, I subscribe to their Supersurf 50 service which would supposedly allow me to access their web for 24 hours. I am a heavy internet user. I download a lot of files so I am looking for a stable connection. Here is where the problem lies. Globe has a certain policy call "Fair Use policy" in which you are only allowed to use 800mb (If I am not mistaken) per day. If you exceeded the quota, then you would have to wait the next day to be able to connect to the web. Most of the time I am able to connect to the web for only  2 hours max. 

I have to test the other two Sun and Smart Broadband services. I'll keep you posted on what I find out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment